"Nerreman" - A Country Cottage Full of Character and Charm
Located in the beautiful Historic Village of Wollombi, "Nerreman" is a gorgeous property set upon approx. 7 acres (2.83 hectares) of scenic rural countryside. The charming cottage style homestead looks over undulating grassed paddocks with a majestic bush mountain back drop, fronting onto the Wollombi Brook featuring several water holes surrounded by stunning shee oak tree's and sandy beaches. A daily scene of kangaroo's lazing about the grounds can be appreciated from many aspects of the property. Native bird life is abundant with them enjoying the many varieties of deciduous and fruit tree's spotted around the grounds. Timber slab constructed outbuildings add to the ambiance of the property and leave a lasting impression from a time gone by. Originating back to 1919 just after world war 1, the cottage was located in the Wollombi Village and was moved in the 1920's to where it stands today. Constructed from the finest of materials the original owner had first hand access to the timbers working as a tree-feller.
"Nerreman" comprises 3 bedrooms (one with a feature fire place) plus an optional 4th bedroom/study, formal loungeroom with an open fire place, central hallway with ornate archway timber features, country style kitchen with a gorgeous ornate fire place, period bathroom with beautiful clawfoot bath, laundry room with additional toilet, walk through sitting room, front under cover verandah plus wrap around verandah opening onto a large decking area servicing two sides of the home.
Full of character "Nerreman" features timeless stained glass windows throughout, lovely hardwood timber floors, timber french doors, high ceilings, an ornate fancy timber arch in the hallway and 3 x open fire places. The home is serviced by modern comforts including split system reverse cycle air conditioning and bottled gas.
A well equipped workshop comes complete with built in work benches and power connection. Other out buildings include a timber slab constructed garage/farm shed, two other timber slab buildings that are now relic's on the property would make great paintings or old time photographs.
Whether you are looking for a special rural retreat to be proud of or simply a quaint rural lifestyle property to call home, "Nerreman" will tick all these boxes. Truely a special property with a great story behind it to pass on to generations to come. Just a hop skip and a jump to the boutique Wollombi village, easy access to local vineyards and restaurants and within a 70 min drive from the M1 Wahroonga/Sydney.
Things You Will Love About "Nerreman"...
- Quaint cottage style farm house set upon approx. 7 picturesque acres (3.6 hectares)
- 3 bedrooms + study/optional 4th bedroom (Open fire place in one bedroom)
- Cosy loungeroom with open fire place and access through french doors onto the outdoor decking
- Country style kitchen with gas stove, large walk in pantry and beautiful ornate fire place
- Central Hallway with ornate fancy timber archway
- Country bathroom with period features including a clawfoot bath, toilet and pedestal basin
- Walk through sitting room
- 2 x split system reverse cycle air conditioning systems
- Bottled gas connection
- Stained glass windows
- Hardwood timber floors
- High ceilings
- Under cover front verandah
- Wrap around verandah adjoining two outdoor decking areas
- Laundry room with additional toilet
- Workshop with built in work benches and power connected
- Timber slab constructed garage/farm shed
- Two slab constructed sheds (Featured as relic's on the property full of character)
- Established varieties of fruit and deciduous tree's throughout the grounds
- Stunning rock features
- Frontage to Wollombi Brook - (pump connected to separate tank)
- Concrete water storage tank (approx. 6,000glns)
- Convenient distance to Historic Wollombi Village
- Easy access to local vineyards and restaurants
- With approx. 70 min drive from M1 interchange Wahroonga/Sydney
- Your perfect weekender of live in lifestyle acreage awaits You!
For further details on this stunning rural holding please contact Garry Musgrove M:0429 663 026
- Air Conditioning
1 garage space
Do you want to find out more about this suburb? Enter your details to receive a free comprehensive suburb report.