A Wilderness Retreat With Charm, Style And Comfort
AS FEATURED IN THE WEEKEND AUSTRALIAN'S PRESTIGE PROPERTY SECTION
A stylish and distinctive residence of over 300 sqm sited in mature low-maintenance gardens in a wilderness setting, under two hours from Sydney and just over an hour from Newcastle. Close to charming and historic Wollombi and its sociable village life.
The house, a mixture of stone, slab and hardwood has a north-east aspect and offers large living areas for entertaining indoors and out; the main room has a majestic ceiling and large stone fireplace. Two bedrooms with ensuite and there's a guest WC. The house can easily sleep nine to twelve people and includes a study/office/media room plus mezzanine and spacious attic.
Discover peace, privacy and tranquility in a pristine environment as you sit on the wide veranda and observe the wonderful birdlife in your own private valley. Enjoy a picnic in the sandstone folly in the garden and then stroll the little bridges and walkways through the gullies, terraces and ponds of the gardens, which include extensive natural rock features.
Or perhaps think about which short and scenic drive you might take to fine dining and the wineries of the Hunter. Even closer, enjoy the cafes of Wollombi itself. This property of 10ha (25 acres) is a rare find and works as a relaxing weekender or permanent residence.
Just As You Expected:
- Fully Council approved and fire rated
- Landline telephone
- Mains power
- Solar hot water (and mains-connected)
- Four satellite outlets for TVs/computers
- NBN Sky Muster Satelite (Expected to be on line from end of April 2016)
- Reverse-cycle air conditioning
- Ceiling fans
- Under floor heating in bathrooms
- St George gas top and electric oven
- 4 car spaces
- Under-house cellar
- 3 x 10,000 litre domestic water tanks
- 1 x 22,500 litre dedicated fire service tank
- Bore infrastructure
- Dam (with garden taps connection)
- Recently upgraded, certificated, septic system
- Number of bedrooms - 4 (two with ensuites)
- Study/Office/Media Room with built in bookcase
- Natural light filled rooms throughout
- Gourmet kitchen with granite bench tops
- Upstairs mezzanine/exceptional views
- Spacious attic
- Large lined/insulated outdoor under cover decking entertainment area
- Impressive water features throughout the property
- Enchanting Folly - A touch of "Umbria"
- Second driveway on the property for garden access
For further details contact Garry Musgrove M:0429 663 026
- Air Conditioning
- Built-In Wardrobes
Do you want to find out more about this suburb? Enter your details to receive a free comprehensive suburb report.